The Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Program has two locations in Massachusetts: UMass Boston and Suffolk University. VUB is a free pre-college program to help Veterans develop the academic and personal skills necessary for success in a program of post-secondary education.
Eligibility: In order to qualify, an applicant must:
- • be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- • have served over 180 days on active military duty or have a service-connected disability (Reservists serving on or after September 11, 2001, shorter terms of service may provide eligibility)
- • have a military discharge other than dishonorable
- • have academic need
- • And, applicants must qualify in one of the following two ways:
- • They must be a potential first-generation college graduate (their primary caregiver had not graduated from a four-year higher education institution before the applicant turned 18), OR
- • They must meet income guidelines for the program. These are based on federal taxable income and family size.